Windows 10 remote desktop setting and usage
In Windows, there are many features and utilities that are handy when you need to connect to different platforms in order to enjoy the smooth functionality of Windows via a remote desktop. Many Windows’ users may have heard of the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) feature which has been a part and parcel of Windows since XP Pro days. This feature allows users to connect a device to another in order to recover files and offer PC support. Several free utilities can be handy when it comes to connecting between different platforms. Let’s see how one can enable the built-in RDP utility, suggested by Microsoft support professionals, in Windows 10.
Facilitate Remote Desktop for Windows 10 Pro
Generally, the RDP feature is disabled by default and you need to type: remote settings into the Cortana search box to turn the remote feature on. Then you can choose Allow remote access to your computer. After this, System Properties will open to the Remote tab. Then choose Allow remote connections to this computer and, for better security, keep the box checked for Network Level Authentication. Also enable incoming remote connections on the PC.
Remote into Your PC
When it comes to remotely connecting to the other computer, traditional desktop apps or the Remote Desktop universal apps emerge as the best available choices. It will be good if you can use the app that can be conveniently used on mobile platforms, such as iOS and Android.
You can also use Advanced IP Scanner, a free utility, in case you have a lot of PCs and devices on your home network.
- Then, launch the app and type device name, its host name, and its IP address. Then, select Connect.
- After this, you need to fill information on the username and password and check the box to remember your credentials if are using the remote service.
- Then, you will get a security message. What you need to do next is to click Go ahead and Connect and check the box for it.
- After following this command, you are likely to start using the remote computer for configuration, remote support, and use as well.
You can also go to Settings > connection settings in the app. Moreover, you can configure the appearance, devices, and formulate some adjustments in an effective manner to bring the best out of your devices.
If you are unable to understand things about Windows 10 remote desktop setting and its usage, then you can opt for the most excellent technical assistance from Microsoft support center or any other reliable resource.
- Known Issues with IncrediMail Gets Defused through Effective IncrediMail Support
- Microsoft to Shrink Windows 10 Update Size by 35 Percent
- Online Security Made Easy by Norton 360 Antivirus Program
- 5 Conditions When Outlook Doesn’t Respond and How to Repair Them
- How to Sync iCloud Calendar to Outlook?
- Recover Deleted Email in Microsoft Outlook
- How to Link the Outlook.com Calendar With iCloud?
- Google and Outlook calendar syncing after Microsoft ends support for sync utility
- Recovering deleted message items from empty folder in Outlook
- Steps to set up QuickBooks Contact Manager with Outlook
Fixed Recent Issues
- Tech Support for Outlook not responding
- Tech Support Block MacKeeper Ads on Chrome
- Tech Support for Remove Pop-up Ads on Firefox
- Tech Support Block MacKeeper Ads on Firefox
- Tech Support Block Pop-Ups Ads on Chrome
- Support for Pop-Up Ads on Browsers
- Technical Support for Windows
- Support Helpline Number for QuickBooks® Proadvisor
- Technical Support for QuickBooks® App
- Technical Support Number for QuickBooks® Sale Tax
- Phone Support for QuickBooks® Point Of Sales
- QuickBooks Data Recovery or Repair Phone Support
- QuickBooks® Expert Technical Support for Mac
- Technical Support for QuickBooks® Online
- Technical Support for QuickBooks Enterprise
- Support Helpline Number for Premier QuickBooks®
- Phone Support for QuickBooks® Pro
- Customer Support for Gateway Laptop & PC
- Technical Customer Support for Belkin Router
- Technical Customer Support for Linksys Router
- NETGEAR Router Technical Customer Support
- Technical Customer Support for Routers
- Technical Customer Support for Acer Laptop
- Technical Customer Support for Toshiba Laptop
- Lenovo Laptop Technical Customer Support Number
- HP Laptop Technical Customer Support
- Dell Laptop Technical Customer Support
- Technical Customer Support for Laptop
- Technical Support for Data Backup Solution
- Technical Support for Computer Optimization
- Technical Support For Microsoft Office 2007
- Technical Support for Networking
- Technical Customer Support for Printer
- Technical Support for System 32 Error Repair
- Technical Support for Blue Screen Error
- Registry Repair Technical Support Number
- Technical Support for Windows 10
- Windows 8 Technical Support Helpline Number
- Windows XP Helpline Support Number
- Technical Customer Support for Windows Vista
- Windows 7 Tech Support Phone Number
- Technical Customer Support for AVG Antivirus
- Technical Support for Webroot Antivirus
- Technical Customer Support for Kaspersky Antivirus
- Technical Customer Support for Panda Antivirus
- Technical Customer Support for Avast Antivirus
- McAfee Antivirus Technical Customer Support
- Norton Antivirus Technical Customer Support
- Technical Customer Support for Antivirus
- Parallels Technical Customer Support
- Technical Customer Support for IncrediMail
- Sage Technical Customer Support Number
- Technical Support for Email
- Browser Technical Support Service
- Technical Support for Microsoft Outlook
- QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number
Powered by Intelli Atlas