How to Deactivate or Hide “Get Windows 10” Icon?
Millions of Windows users have upgraded to free Windows 10 OS and the transition will be continued until the free upgrade from Microsoft ends on August 29, 2016. The users who use Windows 8 and 8.1 are eligible to get the free upgrade – but not all of them are interested in doing so. As well, they don’t want to get any notification regarding free upgrade.
Over the past one year, so many users have reported regarding “Get Windows 10” icon displayed in the system tray. Though the icon does aim to create any kind of technical obstacles, however it appears to be irritating for some users who are firm not to switch over to the latest Windows 10 OS.
Consequently, users rush to support center to access a reliable technical help either to hide or to deactivate the “Get Windows 10” icon. Though it’s a tiny icon that appears in form of Windows icon residing in the system tray, however if you want to keep the tray neat and orderly, you can easily disable the notification.
For more accurate and instant outcome without any flaw, you should reach out to experienced Microsoft Windows customer service provider and get the solution quickly.
Here this write-up delves into some easy technical tips that you can execute to get rid of the icon. Let’s discuss over the both methods – temporary and permanent.
If all icons are not displayed in system tray –
- Drag and drop the “Get Windows 10” in the concealed area
If icons are displayed in the system tray –
- Launch the Task Manager window and stop the GWX or GWXUX procedure
These steps are applicable for temporary – once you restart you computer system, the icon will again be seen in the system tray. Here, you need to be aware while stopping a specific process in the Task Manager. An improper action can lead to some additional technical issues in your computer system. A reliable Microsoft Windows 10 support from expert technician can help you choose a right action in the Task Manager window.
Some independent support service providers are offering their expertise to address obstacles that can come in the way when you go for disabling the notification. Select a right technical support to remove Windows 10 icon offered by certified technicians.
- Go to Control Panel>Windows Update
- Select Installed updates
- Delete the update labeled as “Update for Microsoft Windows KB3035583”
You can also avoid the update by doing a right click on it and select Hide, while downloading other updates. So this way you can get rid of irritating icon or notification from the system tray.
- Known Issues with IncrediMail Gets Defused through Effective IncrediMail Support
- Microsoft to Shrink Windows 10 Update Size by 35 Percent
- Online Security Made Easy by Norton 360 Antivirus Program
- 5 Conditions When Outlook Doesn’t Respond and How to Repair Them
- How to Sync iCloud Calendar to Outlook?
- Recover Deleted Email in Microsoft Outlook
- How to Link the Outlook.com Calendar With iCloud?
- Google and Outlook calendar syncing after Microsoft ends support for sync utility
- Recovering deleted message items from empty folder in Outlook
- Steps to set up QuickBooks Contact Manager with Outlook
Fixed Recent Issues
- Tech Support for Outlook not responding
- Tech Support Block MacKeeper Ads on Chrome
- Tech Support for Remove Pop-up Ads on Firefox
- Tech Support Block MacKeeper Ads on Firefox
- Tech Support Block Pop-Ups Ads on Chrome
- Support for Pop-Up Ads on Browsers
- Technical Support for Windows
- Support Helpline Number for QuickBooks® Proadvisor
- Technical Support for QuickBooks® App
- Technical Support Number for QuickBooks® Sale Tax
- Phone Support for QuickBooks® Point Of Sales
- QuickBooks Data Recovery or Repair Phone Support
- QuickBooks® Expert Technical Support for Mac
- Technical Support for QuickBooks® Online
- Technical Support for QuickBooks Enterprise
- Support Helpline Number for Premier QuickBooks®
- Phone Support for QuickBooks® Pro
- Customer Support for Gateway Laptop & PC
- Technical Customer Support for Belkin Router
- Technical Customer Support for Linksys Router
- NETGEAR Router Technical Customer Support
- Technical Customer Support for Routers
- Technical Customer Support for Acer Laptop
- Technical Customer Support for Toshiba Laptop
- Lenovo Laptop Technical Customer Support Number
- HP Laptop Technical Customer Support
- Dell Laptop Technical Customer Support
- Technical Customer Support for Laptop
- Technical Support for Data Backup Solution
- Technical Support for Computer Optimization
- Technical Support For Microsoft Office 2007
- Technical Support for Networking
- Technical Customer Support for Printer
- Technical Support for System 32 Error Repair
- Technical Support for Blue Screen Error
- Registry Repair Technical Support Number
- Technical Support for Windows 10
- Windows 8 Technical Support Helpline Number
- Windows XP Helpline Support Number
- Technical Customer Support for Windows Vista
- Windows 7 Tech Support Phone Number
- Technical Customer Support for AVG Antivirus
- Technical Support for Webroot Antivirus
- Technical Customer Support for Kaspersky Antivirus
- Technical Customer Support for Panda Antivirus
- Technical Customer Support for Avast Antivirus
- McAfee Antivirus Technical Customer Support
- Norton Antivirus Technical Customer Support
- Technical Customer Support for Antivirus
- Parallels Technical Customer Support
- Technical Customer Support for IncrediMail
- Sage Technical Customer Support Number
- Technical Support for Email
- Browser Technical Support Service
- Technical Support for Microsoft Outlook
- QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number
Powered by Intelli Atlas