Data usage limit setting and resetting in Windows 10
Windows 10 is endowed with some handy features and setting data usage limit is simply one of them. With it, data usage limit can be set on monthly or one-time basis so that you don’t consume more than allowed bandwidth. This feature is good for one who needs to browse the internet and use limited monthly internet plan. After exceeding monthly usage limit, Internet users are slapped with an inflated bill on internet. So, setting data usage limit emerges as a good option to browse the internet without being worried of exceeding existing data limit. Microsoft has included this handy feature with its latest Windows 10 OS to get freedom from the hassle of downloading and installing third-party software. Support for Data usage limit setting in Windows 10
Setting Data Usage Limit in Windows 10
- Open the Settings menu and Network and Internet. To do so, you can click on Start and then select Settings or click on Action Center, and then click on All Settings. You can also try right-click on Cellular and select “Go to Settings”.
- Now, click on Network and Internet to open it.
- Click on Data Usage tab and then on “Set Limit” button from Set Data Usage.
- For the limit, type selects “Monthly or Onetime”. Now set the following: Limit type, monthly reset date, monthly data limit, and unit.
- Then, hit the Save option to save the Settings so that you can view the data usage. When you click on data usage, you also get list of apps you have already used in past 30 days. Support phone number for technical assistance
Remember: This setting will work if your Laptop comes with a Cellular connectivity option or you have 3G / 4G Cellular Dongle option to access the internet.
Resetting Data Usage Limit in Windows 10
Users may also need to reset the data usage if they have already reached the bandwidth limit in their PC. To do so, go for the following steps:
- Go to settings, “Network and Internet” and then click on the Cellular tab.
- Then, click on the current active connection and choose Advanced options.
- After this, turn off the”Set as metered connection” under Data usage section.
- Finally, shutdown and restart PC to ensure data usage has been reset successfully in Windows 10 PC.
There are also some 3rd party apps that you can use in order to limit data usage in Windows 10: BitMeter 2, Wfilter Free, and NetWorx.
- Known Issues with IncrediMail Gets Defused through Effective IncrediMail Support
- Microsoft to Shrink Windows 10 Update Size by 35 Percent
- Online Security Made Easy by Norton 360 Antivirus Program
- 5 Conditions When Outlook Doesn’t Respond and How to Repair Them
- How to Sync iCloud Calendar to Outlook?
- Recover Deleted Email in Microsoft Outlook
- How to Link the Outlook.com Calendar With iCloud?
- Google and Outlook calendar syncing after Microsoft ends support for sync utility
- Recovering deleted message items from empty folder in Outlook
- Steps to set up QuickBooks Contact Manager with Outlook
Fixed Recent Issues
- Tech Support for Outlook not responding
- Tech Support Block MacKeeper Ads on Chrome
- Tech Support for Remove Pop-up Ads on Firefox
- Tech Support Block MacKeeper Ads on Firefox
- Tech Support Block Pop-Ups Ads on Chrome
- Support for Pop-Up Ads on Browsers
- Technical Support for Windows
- Support Helpline Number for QuickBooks® Proadvisor
- Technical Support for QuickBooks® App
- Technical Support Number for QuickBooks® Sale Tax
- Phone Support for QuickBooks® Point Of Sales
- QuickBooks Data Recovery or Repair Phone Support
- QuickBooks® Expert Technical Support for Mac
- Technical Support for QuickBooks® Online
- Technical Support for QuickBooks Enterprise
- Support Helpline Number for Premier QuickBooks®
- Phone Support for QuickBooks® Pro
- Customer Support for Gateway Laptop & PC
- Technical Customer Support for Belkin Router
- Technical Customer Support for Linksys Router
- NETGEAR Router Technical Customer Support
- Technical Customer Support for Routers
- Technical Customer Support for Acer Laptop
- Technical Customer Support for Toshiba Laptop
- Lenovo Laptop Technical Customer Support Number
- HP Laptop Technical Customer Support
- Dell Laptop Technical Customer Support
- Technical Customer Support for Laptop
- Technical Support for Data Backup Solution
- Technical Support for Computer Optimization
- Technical Support For Microsoft Office 2007
- Technical Support for Networking
- Technical Customer Support for Printer
- Technical Support for System 32 Error Repair
- Technical Support for Blue Screen Error
- Registry Repair Technical Support Number
- Technical Support for Windows 10
- Windows 8 Technical Support Helpline Number
- Windows XP Helpline Support Number
- Technical Customer Support for Windows Vista
- Windows 7 Tech Support Phone Number
- Technical Customer Support for AVG Antivirus
- Technical Support for Webroot Antivirus
- Technical Customer Support for Kaspersky Antivirus
- Technical Customer Support for Panda Antivirus
- Technical Customer Support for Avast Antivirus
- McAfee Antivirus Technical Customer Support
- Norton Antivirus Technical Customer Support
- Technical Customer Support for Antivirus
- Parallels Technical Customer Support
- Technical Customer Support for IncrediMail
- Sage Technical Customer Support Number
- Technical Support for Email
- Browser Technical Support Service
- Technical Support for Microsoft Outlook
- QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number
Powered by Intelli Atlas