4 top methods to fix ‘Deleting Messages Does Not Work’ issue in Outlook Express
On various Microsoft forums and community sites, Outlook Express users complain that their Outlook Express cannot delete emails in the inbox, even after they click delete on any email item, nothing happens. While trying to remove a message, Outlook may refuse to delete existing messages from the Outlook mail and it shows an error message. Most common error messages are “An unknown error has occurred” and “Messaging interface has caused an unknown error.” Outlook technical support seems to be the best option for resolving the issue.
When deleting messages does not work, Outlook users rush for having timely and reliable technical help from Microsoft support experts. Some online forums suggest users follow these steps: Use search advanced function and search *.dbx files on the active drive>remove all you find>shut the search down> re-Boot>open Outlook Express>send a test message to yourself>see if the message will delete properly, and post back as to results.
Probably this suggestion can favor you and prevent you from dialing a Microsoft support phone number for Outlook help.
- If you have a message stuck in your Outbox see, it means that the message is stuck in Outbox.
- If you get the error “The Folder is full,” you find that the Folder is full.
If you are facing such situations, then you can try these four methods suggested by Outlook support professionals certified by Microsoft.
Empty the Deleted Items folder: It is a fast way to delete the message and right click on the Deleted Items folder and choosing “Empty folder” to do so.
Hard delete the message: This method can be used to delete the message when you hold the SHIFT button, click on it or use it on your keyboard.
Edit the message: First edit the message and save it. Reset a particular corruption of the message that lets you remove it afterward. To do so, open the message>place the message in edit mode by choosing Choose Edit-> Edit message in Outlook 2003 and previous; and by choosing Actions-> Edit Message in Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016>type or remove some characters >save and close the message>try to delete the message again.
Scan your pst-file for errors: Use this method, if the above methods fail. Now the issue can be concerned with a corruption within your pst-file. Run scanpst.exe against your Personal Storage (pst-) file to fix this issue. Note that, the location of scanpst.exe depends on Outlook and Windows versions. You can also ask for Outlook support services. Get an overview of the possible location—Inbox Repair Tool (scanpst.exe)—or use OutlookTools (free).
When you don’t know the location of your pst-file, use the following methods:
- Embrace hidden and system files and folders
- Default locations: C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\; \My Documents\Outlook Files; \Documents\Outlook Files; C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook.
Another way to locate the file is to right click the root folder:
- Properties-> button Advanced-> field Filename
- Go to File-> Data File Management in Outlook 2007 and previous
- Go for File-> Account Settings-> Accounts Settings…-> tab Data Files Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016.
If you are still unable to delete the messages, then dial a Microsoft tech support phone number for Outlook Express.
- Known Issues with IncrediMail Gets Defused through Effective IncrediMail Support
- Microsoft to Shrink Windows 10 Update Size by 35 Percent
- Online Security Made Easy by Norton 360 Antivirus Program
- 5 Conditions When Outlook Doesn’t Respond and How to Repair Them
- How to Sync iCloud Calendar to Outlook?
- Recover Deleted Email in Microsoft Outlook
- How to Link the Outlook.com Calendar With iCloud?
- Google and Outlook calendar syncing after Microsoft ends support for sync utility
- Recovering deleted message items from empty folder in Outlook
- Steps to set up QuickBooks Contact Manager with Outlook
Fixed Recent Issues
- Tech Support for Outlook not responding
- Tech Support Block MacKeeper Ads on Chrome
- Tech Support for Remove Pop-up Ads on Firefox
- Tech Support Block MacKeeper Ads on Firefox
- Tech Support Block Pop-Ups Ads on Chrome
- Support for Pop-Up Ads on Browsers
- Technical Support for Windows
- Support Helpline Number for QuickBooks® Proadvisor
- Technical Support for QuickBooks® App
- Technical Support Number for QuickBooks® Sale Tax
- Phone Support for QuickBooks® Point Of Sales
- QuickBooks Data Recovery or Repair Phone Support
- QuickBooks® Expert Technical Support for Mac
- Technical Support for QuickBooks® Online
- Technical Support for QuickBooks Enterprise
- Support Helpline Number for Premier QuickBooks®
- Phone Support for QuickBooks® Pro
- Customer Support for Gateway Laptop & PC
- Technical Customer Support for Belkin Router
- Technical Customer Support for Linksys Router
- NETGEAR Router Technical Customer Support
- Technical Customer Support for Routers
- Technical Customer Support for Acer Laptop
- Technical Customer Support for Toshiba Laptop
- Lenovo Laptop Technical Customer Support Number
- HP Laptop Technical Customer Support
- Dell Laptop Technical Customer Support
- Technical Customer Support for Laptop
- Technical Support for Data Backup Solution
- Technical Support for Computer Optimization
- Technical Support For Microsoft Office 2007
- Technical Support for Networking
- Technical Customer Support for Printer
- Technical Support for System 32 Error Repair
- Technical Support for Blue Screen Error
- Registry Repair Technical Support Number
- Technical Support for Windows 10
- Windows 8 Technical Support Helpline Number
- Windows XP Helpline Support Number
- Technical Customer Support for Windows Vista
- Windows 7 Tech Support Phone Number
- Technical Customer Support for AVG Antivirus
- Technical Support for Webroot Antivirus
- Technical Customer Support for Kaspersky Antivirus
- Technical Customer Support for Panda Antivirus
- Technical Customer Support for Avast Antivirus
- McAfee Antivirus Technical Customer Support
- Norton Antivirus Technical Customer Support
- Technical Customer Support for Antivirus
- Parallels Technical Customer Support
- Technical Customer Support for IncrediMail
- Sage Technical Customer Support Number
- Technical Support for Email
- Browser Technical Support Service
- Technical Support for Microsoft Outlook
- QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number
Powered by Intelli Atlas